May 17, 1936 2 story, 40 feet wide, Extending to the East will be a one story wing. To the Right, as one enters the main entrance from Wornall, will be the office. The Consultation room will be on the left. The nurseries will be in the one story wing. There will be a large room across the East end, 13x30 feet, for babies at least several weeks old. A smaller nursery will house newly born infants. Glass enclosures will be used for the nursery walls along the hallways, permitting the prospective parents to view the babies without entering the rooms. A dietary kitchen will be in the same part of the building. An open terrace on the South will permit the moving of the infants outside. Quarters for the staff will include bedrooms and a cook's room on the second floor, and a kitchen and dining room on the North side of the first floor. The second floor quarters will open out on the roof of the one story unit, to be used as a terrace. The full basement will include the garage man’s room and other facilities.
June 27, 1936 100x135 site, purchased from J.P. Gilmer of the Kansas City Title and Trust Co. The sale was arranged by James W. Weldon, with the Ward C. Gifford Realty Company.
November 29, 1936 New site cost approximately $45,000. First Floor includes room for 65 babies, 16 in the largest nursery, 12 in the “tiny baby” quarters and 4 in the isolation or receiving ward, where all children are kept for the first few days to insure their health. First Floor also has a reception room, baby's diet kitchen, nurse's kitchen, dining room and office.
Rooms for the superintendent and four or five nurses will be one the second floor.
The basement will have two large rooms and a bath for the caretaker.
Previously, the idea of putting the home on the third and fourth floors of the south wing of St Luke’s hospital proved to be unsuccessful.
December 18, 1936 Large airy nurseries, soft pink walls and blue venetian blinds over the windows. Peach and blue bathrooms. Due to the steel construction, the building was completely fireproof.
January 15, 1937 The nurseries had blue ceilings. The nurseries are glass enclosed and the beds are separated by glass partitions. Thirty babies may be cared for. They had an ultraviolet ray lamp. The kitchen had a modern sterilizer.
The second floor has 5 bedrooms.
The basement had servant's quarters, a laundry room, garage and store room.
May 8, 1938 The baby's bath has a violet lamp and scales for twice a week weigh ins, clothes closet, and charts for individual records. There was a tank above the tubs where bath water was mixed to the exact temp suited to babies.
The diet kitchen had cream and green walls and green curtains.
The walls of the superintendent's office are pictures of “chosen babies” sent back by adoptive parents.